antanova

MOVED: My blog is now at http://antanova.com/blog

Google Chrome

As you will of course be aware, Google has released its new browser, Chrome. I’ve tried it out briefly, and everything seems hunky-dory. I think I’ll use it to access Google’s own apps. As for day-to-day browsing, I think I’ll stick with Firefox. After all, can I really trust Google not to harvest data relating to my web browsing? I don’t think so. Also, there’s no No Script available for it, without which it’s a bit difficult to block Google Analytics.

On the plus side, another browser is a good thing. It gives people another choice other than the dreadful Internet Explorers. Yes, and I mean IE7, too. Chrome uses the Webkit rendering engine, so there shouldn’t be any real surprises in rendering.

Let’s hope this comes out of beta soon, along with IE8 and we can start using some CSS3. How I long for that day.

Labels:

Jason posted this on Thursday, September 04, 2008 at 7:46 pm. Leave comment.

Blogmarks button Digg button furl button magnolia button Google Bookmarks button StumbleUpon button Yahoo MyWeb button

Number of comments: 1

Blogger samsamqqqj says:


Nice Post. Gerard Associates also offers advice in QROPS Advice, QROPS Transfers, guernsey, QROPS list and other QROPS Pension Advice.
Kansas city web design quote

This comment was posted on 7:06 am