antanova

MOVED: My blog is now at http://antanova.com/blog

... and?

Right, so left you there a bit didn't I? So, how to get from markdown to html? Well, I don't know how to run Perl, so using the perl on the markdown website. So I cast about for another version, and found a PHP implementation. This works fine: you just need to add a line at the bottom of the file - something like fwrite(STDOUT, Markdown(fread(STDIN, 1048576))). Then it's good to go from the command line.

I kept looking though, and found Pandoc. Now you're talking. This can output your markdown text as html, LaTeX, DocBook, and can do some conversions between those formats, too. It extends markdown with its own custom markdown too, but I think I'll leave that: the whole reason I went down this route was to avoid the all the extra work of tagging, and stick just to the creativity. So that's how I'll write for a little while until I can tell whether it's a method that works for me.

Jason posted this on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 11:04 pm. Leave comment.

Blogmarks button Digg button furl button magnolia button Google Bookmarks button StumbleUpon button Yahoo MyWeb button

Number of comments: 0